Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 16 - March 22, 2012

Sent the below to the primary surgeon with some other information today because I'm concerned the Efudex treatment is spreading too close to a surgery spot.  Trying to keep the requested clearance, but spots are popping up randomly as I continue treating.  Couple spots showing up on a breast, which is nowhere close to a treatment area.  As they appear,I'm adding them to the daily treatment, so long as they're nowhere near a surgery spot.  Been waiting to hear back for most of the day.....

Final pre-op tomorrow (Friday), then surgeries start Monday.....I'm ready to get this moving :)  Faster this is done, faster I can get back to real life, right?  One last 250mile bike ride with friends this weekend before my forced time off.

Close friend had same surgery (even same plastic surgeon) month ago and she is thrilled with her result, but is beating into me that "no exercise" means "no exercise!  Says any rise in body temp and/or sweating causes the dressings to falter and not perform correctly.  Her first dressing didn't come off for 2 weeks and due to unhealed areas, she was off a total of 3 weeks before resuming.  I have a race 3 weeks from surgery, and have high hopes of competing.....not doing well.....but hopefully showing up enough to maintain year-end rankings.  Silly, I know, but we all need something to keep us from living on the couch!!


No comments:

Post a Comment