Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 27-30 November 22-25, 2010

DAY 30 - Thu Nov 25
Days are running together!  Noticeably less pain washing this morning, still hurts, but not like it has been.  I even used my hands a couple of minutes to actually gently rub because I can see little pieces that want to come off.  Definitely progress especially around my nose and mouth.  Can't seem to remember to take pix before I goop back up.  After washing & drying, I'm pretty focused on getting that goop back on!  Right now, I'm pretty much 1/2steroid & 1/2antibiotic ointments, but first I line my undereye with Aquaphor to help protect it.




DAY 29 - Wed Nov 24
Still seeing progress.  Still bleeding pretty freely after washing off the goo each morning, but it hurts less!



DAY 28 - Tue Nov 23
Saw Dr this morning and she reiterated how severe my reaction was, which of course all I care about now is (1) did we at least kill all the cancer cells and (2) severe reaction translates to longer healing!  She recovered well when I asked if I could put sunscreen over the meds and ride this weekend (it's only Tuesday right now) and I could tell she really just wanted to yell "WHAT? R U NUTS?"  Apparently the steroid can really amplify negative effects from the sun, which could backfire into dark coloring/splotches.  Sounds like if I feel up to tackling the weather, I should just ride overnight til I'm healed up, which is do-able.  Continuing to have spots bleed during cleansing, but at least the blood is getting there and that can only heal it faster, right! 

Progress Seen!  I definitely have fresh skin (not raw!) to the sides and below my nose and spots that have normal color on my lower cheeks.  Even the normal color areas still hurt and have splotches, but maybe they'll clear up next?  Dr stresses to keep my face all gooped up and smiled when she said she's looking forward to seeing me with pretty skin and a smile, hopefully sooner than later (me too)!!  Reasons for getting off the steroid are (1) can lead to acne, NOT good with no skin! and (2) staying away from the eye socket area, because it can lead to glaucoma (and something else, but I can't remember....glaucoma was bad enough!)

DAY 27 - Mon Nov 22
Keep thinking all the skin has sloughed off, but still more continues to come off.  Both cheeks and the areas outside both eye are definitely the most raw and most painful.  Working to decrease my steroid use and increase the antibiotic.  Doctor in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I just started treatment. I don't have cancer just dry spots on my face. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete