Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Night 15 - November 9, 2010

OK, I'm more than ready for this to be over.  I'm really looking for progress because it does look like some of the little sores are going away, but every time I even think of touching some little flakey, what looks like, dead skin, it bleeds.  And tonight when I tried soaking my face to loosen some of those areas so they might come off with the washcloth, it kinda backfired.  Felt like I was dragging sandpaper across an open burn.  Lesson learned!  I got a little cocky thinking i could "help!"  Wrong again.

Aspirin did seem to help last night and today, so I'm just going to plan on that each night from now on.  Been surprised at some things that irritate my skin, but I've been gently applying some makeup to even things out, but it kinda burned this morning.  I'm guessing (hoping?) it was just feeling annoyed with me because I really do feel a little better going to work with some coverage.  Still beet red.

Read another blog from someone that used Aquaphor for the pain, but cautioned it's a nightmare to wash off. It's petroleum-based, so I'm thinking of soaking my face in it the minute I don't have the drugs on there.  Anything to help this dried, dead and painfully tight skin peel off!  Right now, I don't want to deal with more to wash off :)

Last appt with the Dr. is supposed to be next Tuesday morning, so if all goes well, a week from tonight, I'll be drug-free and moving on to healing.  Looking forward to THAT part.

No comments:

Post a Comment